Friday, September 9, 2011

Little by little...

It's been a while now since I have posted anything. And now that I'm here I don't really know what to say.... Moments before I sat down and turned on my computer there were a plethora (isn't that a fun word?) of things to say, and now I am at a loss of words. So, now I'm sitting on my bed eating gummy sharks and typing out what I'm doing. :P I want to just complain to the vast world wide web but I don't really want to have one of those whiny blogs about how life sucks, so I won't.

But I will say this: college is hard, yet not. It's hard to know who you want to be and then become that person. Yet I know who I am, I am a child of God. With that I should know who I am and act like it (as my dad would say) but there is more to being an open, easy to approach type person who knows what to say and when to say it and just makes everyone feel great when they are around. Is there? Not really. If you truly know that you are a Child of the one true God then you would have all those things and more. Why then does it seem so hard to be that person? I guess the best way to get there is little by little...

With the start of college and with it a new start I am going to become the person I want to be. But little by little it will come. Step by step who I am is coming closer and closer.
Step 1: Surround myself with people who want to be better
Step 2: Be involved
Step 3: Trust others around me
Step 4: Learn how to leave people feeling better about themselves

My ultimate goal is to make it back to my Father in Heaven and hear Him say: "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of the Lord." (Matthew 25:21)

But right now my goal for the next month is to be able to be the type of girl who guys want to date because I leave everyone feeling better about themselves and the world around them. Wish me luck and we shall see how it goes. :D
I don't know how much sense that actually makes, but I have to publish it before I chicken out. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment